Friday, February 4, 2011

Quote of the Day

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
C.S. Lewis

As a good friend of mine always says, we are spiritual beings having a human experience. So why, then, do so many of us ignore the spiritual life. It has taken me commitment and focus to begin my spiritual journey. It's taken discipline to pay attention to my soul. Today, it is the greatest part of the world to me. To see spiritual things unfold is the high point of my day. But for so long, I never even recognized the possibility of a spiritual world, I had no concept of a soul. Since I've began my spiritual journey, since I've embraced my soul, I no longer feel the emptiness that once plagued me. That's what was missing all along. I had no soul, and no spiritual life. Today that hole is filled, with love, joy and blessings that come precisely from one's spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment